Atlantic Insurance Company opened its doors to the public in 1991. Today we maintain a strong position as one of the major players in the industry, focusing on service, vision, growth and success. We are proud to say that Atlantic Insurance is a true tested and solid Company as is confirmed by the establishment of a consistent 100% support from major Reinsurance Companies, highly rated by the rating agencies of Standard & Poor's and A.M. Best and Moody's.
Governed by its Board of Directors, our team of well trained and dedicated professionals is led by a General Manager and consists of six department managers, other support staff and agents that are centrally located throughout the country.
Atlantic Insurance Company is registered in Belize with its main offices at the Corner of Freetown Road & Cleghorn Street in Belize City.
Agents are located in Corozal, Orange Walk, Belize City, Stann Creek, San Pedro, San Ignacio, Spanish Lookout, Belmopan City, Punta Gorda and Blue Creek.
We are part of the Atlantic Group of Companies in Belize and our holding company is Sociedad Nacional de Inversiones, S.A., (SONISA).
Our Corporate philosophy and operation principles state that:
- We will uphold our fundamental obligation to utilize every reasonable means to assure the promises of performance made in the contracts of our insurance policies.
- We apply high ethical standards at all levels when servicing our customers.
- We continuously seek ways to maximize the level of services and benefits to our clients/policyholders.
- We ensure that information reaches our clients in a fast and accurate manner.
- We recruit and train high calibre employees.
- We cooperate fully with regulators on the continued development of the insurance industry in Belize.
We are affiliated with the following organizations:
- Organization of Insurance Companies of Belize
- Insurance Association of the Caribbean
- Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry